We made it!! I'm so exhausted it's taking all I've got to write this, but I wanted to make sure to write an update. Here's a brief re-cap of the last 4 days.
Thursday: The packers arrived before 9 am. Two people had our entire house packed up and ready to go in a matter of 10 hours. Over the lunch break, John and I headed to the titling agency to do our part of the closing so we didn't have to mess with over-nighting paperwork over on. It felt so good to get that done. Hopefully the appraisal goes well and all is done on May 30th. We hadn't planned on this, but we decided to stay in a hotel on Thursday night, since all our bedding and food was packed up, and we had been sleeping in a double bed for the last 2 months! We sold our king-sized bed at the advice of our realtor so after kneeing and elbowing each other in the back, we were glad to get into another king-sized again!
We were anxious to see how the dogs would do in the hotel room, as we'd never taken them to one before. Don't worry, everything was on the up and up as we found a hotel that takes animals...no sneaking in here! After doing a perimiter check of the room and covering every square inch with their noses, an affair that took a good 30 minutes, they finally settled down.
Friday: The movers were at the house by 9 am. John met them at the house and they got straight to work while I went to the grocery store for donuts. By the time I got to the house the driveway was loaded with boxes and our furniture was shrink-wrapped. They had the entire house and our storage unit loaded onto the truck by 2 pm. It was amazing how fast they worked. They were great. The driver stated he thought they'd be meeting us at our new house on Monday morning, and we were ecstatic at that news!! We thought it could be a week or so. Friday night we went to dinner with some friends and then back to their house for a cocktail. Good times.
Saturday: Breakfast with the Hilton family, one last time before we head out. It was sad to say goodbye to them, but we'll see them shortly. We picked up the cat at the house (we had left her there as the less time she spends with the dogs the better) we were on the road. John in the Tracer with the cat, me with the dogs in the Kia. We stopped once at a rest stop to let the dogs out to run around and stretch our legs. 5 hours later we were in Goodland, KS, our stop for the night. Very small, rural town. Wendy's and Dairy Queen for dinner! Surprisingly, the cat seemed to settle right into the hotel room, finding a nice cozy spot on one of the pillows.
Sunday: Enjoying an extra hour of sleep, (as we crossed into Mountain Time Zone) we got up around 7 am and I headed to the fitness center while John took the dogs out. It was nice to get my legs going again and working up a sweat. After we got back from breakfast, Maddie, one of our dogs, got a little sick, okay a lot sick. We think it was just nerves, after all this had been our 3rd night in a hotel. We were on the road by 11 am, excited at the thought that in the next few hours...we'd be laying eyes on the beautiful Rocky Mountains and getting to know our new city.
Ok, I gotta stop here. I'm so tired, but I'll write more soon about our arrival into Ft Collins! For now though, WE'RE HERE AND WE'RE STOKED!!!
Nursing Process Worksheet
4 years ago
1 comment:
Hello Stacia! I am so glad you all made it to Ft. Collins safely. I love your page, especially the defs. of the gifts of the Spirit and how they are exhibited personally. What a good way to reflect. Love you and call me soon!
Post a Comment