Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Whew!

Sorry it's taken me so long to post another update! We just got back from a whirlwind trip home to Wisconsin for a friends wedding. We had a great time, but it sure was exhausting! Here is a brief re-cap.

I left for WI on Wednesday afternoon. My flight was delayed an hour so I didn't arrive at my parent's house until almost 11 pm. My dad and I stayed up talking til almost 2 am and I didn't sleep a wink! Got up at 8 am for a walk with my dad on his daily route, he retired a month ago so it was fun to share this with him. Made sure to spend more time with family and then it was off to Madison for the weekend festivities!

John arrived in Madison on Saturday, and the wedding was Sunday. The weekend was full of late nights and early mornings, and by the time the reception for the wedding rolled around I had hit my limit. I ended up leaving the reception early to get some much needed sleep. I can't describe how much fun it was though to see some familiar faces, faces that make it seem like no time has passed since the last visit. We had a wonderful time.

Monday was a pretty rough day. I had woken up the day of the wedding with an infection and had to get in touch with my on-call physician in order to get a prescription, which helped me make it through the day. Well on Monday the combination of the prescription, the infection, and my exhaustion led me to vomiting everything I tried to eat. Add on dehydration. We called the Dr. again and he said "Get to the hospital." He didn't want to precribe anything w/o knowing how dehydrated I was. So here I am at my grandparents bawling b/c I am so completely tired, frustrated at feeling naseous and disappointed at not being able to spend more time with my family. We end up at the hospital and they diagnosed me with a full on bladder infection combined with exhaustion. Gave me a stronger antibiotic, let me rest and sent me on my way, which was to John's mom's house at 9 pm. Didn't get to spend much time with her and his step-dad either b/c we had to leave at 11:30 am the next morning to get to the airport. The good news was I was feeling much better the next day.

So here we are, a week and a half later and I've spent exactly 5 days in my new city. Most of that has been in the house, unpacking. However, John did a great job getting a lot unpacked while I was gone. My new focus now is to recoup and find a JOB!!

Congratulations to Maureen & Jon Miner on their marriage!!!! We are so happy and excited for you! Love to you both!

No comments: