Sunday, June 15, 2008

small updates!

Happy Father's Day, Dad!!

Well, there's not too much to update since the last time I wrote, but I'll give it a go!

This week was kind of a bust as far as running goes, I didn't feel good most of the week and just couldn't get motivated in the mornings to get out there. And by the time I did get the motivation, the weather was not cooperating. The weather here is pretty strange, it's kind of difficult to plan a day around it. It's usually beautiful in the mornings, but by mid-day or mid-afternoon it was extremely windy this week. So much so that the wind blew our patio furniture across the yard, and we now have an outdoor couch that needs the back replaced before we can use it again!! Grrr!! The forecast this week is for thunderstorms almost everyday, so if I do go running, it'll have to be early!!

On a positive note, I did hook up with a running group this morning for a *very* early morning run at 6:30 a.m. Now if you know me you know that I am not a morning person at all, so it was quite the task to get up and get out there that early!!! However, it was gorgeous out there this morning, running the trails at the base of the foothills. We logged about 3.5 mi which was a nice run.

Yesterday John and I went to A Taste of Fort Collins, an annual festival celebrating and showcasing local restaurants and businesses. It was set right in Old Town, with a nice stage/grassy area for the evening band...which happened to be Lifehouse! They were great, I'd definitely go back to see them live again. We didn't stay too long for the show, there were a TON of people and we had a difficult time finding seats where we could actually see the stage. Instead we had to set up camp behind the back of the tent that managed the sound systems! So, what we heard was good!! Anyway, it was nice to try the food from some different restaurants in town, some that we'll have to check out again another day.

JP found the cord we needed in order to get our pictures on the computer, so I'll do that soon and post some pictures from our hiking ventures!! Til then!!

No comments: