Tuesday, June 24, 2008

i'm making progress...slow but sure!

Holy cow am I pooped!! Tonight I ventured out to run with a new running group. Now, not to brag, but I shared the track with a 5-time Olympic trial qualifier tonight, and needless to say, she wore me out!! She holds a Twilight Track Series in the summers here in Fort Collins, every Tuesday night. It's free and they're always welcoming new runners, so I decided to go. I haven't run on a track in years, probably 6 or 7!! It was different being out there again...hard different. These are some serious runners! I read Runners World, and they always encourage new people to race by saying "Don't worry, there'll always be somebody behind you." Well, tonight, I was honored to be that somebody for the group!! But don't worry, I did not get discouraged! The group was extremely encouraging! And because they are so fast, it pushed me to run harder which was great!! The other nice thing was that I met some new people!! It was a great group and I plan to go back next week.


Still nothing on the job front although I've sent my resume out to several places in the last few days....so hopefully something will turn up soon. On the other hand, I've found some great ways to get out into the community and volunteer my time...and also meet people in the process. I'm going to volunteer with our local Humane Society in the behavior and training area in order to make potential pets more attractive to owners, and I also found a really neat program mentoring adolescent girls through training with them to run a 5k race together in late July. I'm excited for both of these opportunities! Who knows, maybe it will turn into a lead on a job!!

No comments: