Well tonight i'm having a bout of insomnia again, so i decided to get up and make myself some Celestial Seasonings Health & Wellness tea, specifically the Sleepytime Extra tea. I don't know that this tea does anything more than act as a placebo, so we'll see.
So I changed the look of my blog. I decided to look at the layouts again and decided I liked this one better...it kind of 'pops'. AND, I finally figured out how to make the paragraphs appear as they should...so it doesn't look like one big long paragraph. That had bothered me since day 1 and I'm sure it bothered you all out there...it was difficult to read that way. So anyway, that problem is solved.
It thundered and stormed here today, so I spent all day in the house, lying on the couch watching tv and having a poor me moment that lasted much of the day. I just felt very discouraged that I haven't been called for an interview yet. I thought for sure I'd hear something by now with some of the ones I applied for...I was more than qualified based on their requirements, so I'm not sure what's up. Now...you have to realize that this lazy day came after a very productive day yesterday in which I went to an open interview session for Sports Authority, and applied at REI, Old Navy, the Marriott and Barnes and Nobel for jobs as well. I figured if I'm not going to get a job right away in my area of expertise, I might as well do something that will benefit me in other ways, such as store discounts and the fun of working at a bookstore!!! Sidenote: Thanks Dee for your positive outlook on my situation and for giving me the motivation to get my butt out there yesterday!!! :) I also scoured the internet this evening and decided to go outside my box of Fort Collins to look for jobs. So...I looked at government jobs (I'm always on USAJOBS.com trying to work for the government) in Cheyenne, WY. It's only a 45 min drive and I decided if I'm going to commute, I'd rather commute north than try to commute south to Denver. JP agreed. There are some great jobs that I appear to qualify for so that is getting my spirits up a little. I'll complete that process tomorrow and hopefully something will work out!
Anyway, we had some wonderful visitors come and visit us from Wichita this weekend! It was so good to see Dee & Hilary again! It was wierd playing host to them b/c we were always at their house mooching off of their hospitality!! :) I don't think I had my best hosting game face on this weekend as far as acts of service...I usually love to prepare meals and would've made them a snack bag for the road...but I was just so happy to see them that I tried to spend every minute I could with them. I didn't even worry about cleaning the kitchen while they were here b/c I just wanted to spend time. Anyway, I hope they didn't mind this (they probably didn't even notice b/c it was a wonderful weekend)! We voted on going hiking on Sunday instead of Church b/c Dee doesn't get out to CO all that often. It was a wonderful hike that left everyone sore! I wasn't sore until today and it hit hard!
This Friday is my first 5k race. I haven't run since last week, but I have done a lot of cross training so hopefully that will help when I run tomorrow. I know I'm not prepared for this race, but I just want to go and do my best and get the feel of what a race is like. I'll be running another one on July 26 with Supergirls so I want to make sure I'm prepared for that one. So this one on Friday is just to get my feelers out and see what it's like...and what level I'm at! Wish me luck!
I'm so excited to be going Whitewater Rafting on Saturday! We're doing the all day trip, so that will be a lot of hours on the raft, with lunch included. I hope it's a nice day b/c they said they go in all types of weather...thunder, rain, lightening, it doesn't matter b/c when you're in the river you're at the lowest point of the mountain...whereas the lightening hits at the highest point. So that made me a little nervous and I'm praying for sunny clear skies with high temperatures to warm up that water!!! Anyway, this is part of our 5th anniversary celebration. We are also going down to Colorado Springs for a weekend just to get away. I can't believe it's been 5 years already...it's gone fast!
Alright, I'm starting to feel a little tired now...so that is a good sign. I think I'll head to bed and see if I can turn it into an all night's sleep. Nite!!
Nursing Process Worksheet
4 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment