Well, so i met with the woman i told you about a few weeks ago. We met today and discussed what a struggle I've had looking for a job. She was really sweet and gave me some wonderful encouragement. She gave me the name of a friend of hers who is a clinical supervisor (which is something i need when i start working again) and basically told me that I'm looking in all the right places. Every place she named...I've either applied at or interviewed with. So at least that's good to know, that I'm on the right track. And as she said, I just have to remember that every time I get a "no", I'm that much closer to a "yes". So I'll try to keep that in mind. I just hope that "yes" comes REALLY soon!!
3 comments:
Stacia,
I too have been looking for a job for months and I know how discuraging(?) it is. I wonder if my masters degree was a smart move or a costly (we won't pay you what you are worth!) one. I have had interview after interview and I keep hearing ... well you don't have any experience using your reading degree, but we really liked you. Or I don't even get a call for an elementary job because I cost too much. Argghh. I wish you luck and don't get discouraged... things can only look up :) I hope!
Your cousin, Carol
I hope your "yes" comes soon, too.
thanks carol & andy! carol, i know what you're talking about. i'm either way overqualified, or underqualified...makes me wonder why I got a Master's degree in the first place?! What exactly am I qualified for then?! Anyway, I hope something works out for you soon...in the mean-time I hope you're getting lots of quality time with the little one!!
Post a Comment