i knew i had a good feeling this week. i am so excited right now i can barely contain myself. first obama takes office (SO EXCITED!), and now I HAVE A JOB!!! :o)
now, i don't usually state my political views, and i've never declared loyalty to a particular party. i think that's because it's something that once you do, people define your personhood by that affiliation. your entire worldview can be called into question, and i've never wanted that kind of scrutiny. i've seen relationships (even familial ones) not reach their fullest potential because of their party affiliation. and...this election year was especially difficult for me to reveal my candidate of choice b/c i voted for the other side...i'm a christian...and i voted democrat. to a lot of people...that's an oxymoron. but frankly, for me, it wasn't about the party...it was the candidate that sold me. and i can honestly say, i've never been so excited about politics in my life until now. i wish that i could watch the news networks all day everyday just to see what obama's up to...what's he gonna do next?! granted...i'm sure i won't agree with every decision he makes...but i just have such hope for this country's future now. it feels like a breath of fresh air.
so, you're probably wondering "why can't she watch the news networks all day everyday? it's not like she's working?!" WELL GUESS WHAT?!!! that would be incorrect as of 4:30 p.m. this afternoon, when i was given a job offer at Larimer Center for Mental Health, doing family therapy for at-risk adolescents. i will be working to try to preserve families who are at risk of having their child removed from their home. they are most likely involved with the legal system and have either been court-ordered to therapy or referred for services as a last resort before the child is moved to a residential facility. it'll be tough...and i'm so excited!!! it's been a long road to get here, but it finally happened. i have to get with someone in HR to get the initial paperwork done, take a drug test, and then start work ASAP!
thank you to all of you who have supported me, encouraged me, said prayers for me over these past 8 months while i searched for work. it really means the world to me and it kept me from getting so down that i stopped trying. i can't wait for this new adventure to begin!
Nursing Process Worksheet
4 years ago
3 comments:
HOORAY!! HOORAY!! HOORAY!! I'm so happy for you!! HOORAY!!
What she said.
Super huge congrats to you, Stacia!
We are WAY to similar by the way. What you wrote about political affiliation is exactly what I do and how I feel. Kind of nice to know I am not the only one. I do not care much for a black and white clear-curt distinction between two views. There are more than two views. I happen to be pretty darn near middle of the road. Straddling the line if you will.
But seriously... way to go on the job. I look forward to reading your future posts about it.
Thanks Andy and Megan! :) I'm so excited to get started.
Andy, I agree...middle of the road here too. :)
Post a Comment